World Bank Summer Internship Program – USA
The World Bank Group (WBG) is a group of five international institutions, headquartered in the capital of the United States Washington, D.C., and founded in 1944. It provides leveraged credits and a wide range of financial products to developing countries which makes it one of the largest funding resources of funding and knowledge in the world.
The World Bank group’s main goals are fighting poverty, promoting sustainable development, and building shared prosperity.
The World Bank Internship Program allows highly motivated individuals to contribute to the WBG’s work and mission while gaining practical work experience.
The BIP allows individuals to bring, innovative ideas, new perspectives, and analysis experience into the Bank’s work while developing skills in a mixed environment.
Also, it is an amazing way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. The summer internship program is available in development operations and other business units (like Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, etc).
- Organisation: World Bank Group;
- Host country: The United States;
- Internship period: Minimum of 4 weeks;
- Program Type: Paid Internship/Graduate Student Internship;
- Eligible Countries: International students;
- Application deadline: January 31 2021;
The world bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and provides an allowance toward travel costs up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager.
The travel expenses can only include transport expenses (the price of a passenger ticket for travel by aircraft) to or from the job station city.
Students are responsible for their own place of residence.
Due to work needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC, but there a few other positions in the World Bank Group country offices.
The World Bank Summer Internship Program usually try to find candidates for Operations (Front Line) in the following domain:
- Human development (public health, education, nutrition, population),
- Social Sciences (anthropology, sociology),
- Urban planning,
- Natural resources management,
- Private sector development,
- And other related fields, such as Communications, Treasury, Human Resources Management, Accounting, Information Technology, and other corporate services).
To be eligible for the Summer Internship Program, the applicant must:
- Have an undergraduate degree.
- Be registered in a full-time graduate study program (Pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D.).
- With Ideas to return to school full-time.
- J1 visa holders need to get a G4 visa abroad before starting employment or an internship at the WB.
- Besides, all the important things about personal development, nothing even comes close to the importance of education therefore there is no age limit.
- English language proficiency is required, also knowledge of languages such as Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese is preferable.
- Other skills such as computing skills are considered as a plus.
To be considered for the World Bank Summer Internship Program, applicants will need to fill out and submit the online application form and make sure to enter their personal information correctly. While applying, they will be asked to upload the following supporting documents:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree program